Heirloom Tomato Crostata
Check out this gorgeous tomato crostata - made with our homegrown heirloom tomatoes and basil. Using CGD Seasoned Olive Oil kicks up the flavors perfectly.
Tune in to Twin Cities Live on September 7th where we will be exploring my gardens sharing some terrific fresh tomato recipes - including this one!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 TB sugar
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced (I like to use yellow and red heirlooms)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 3 slivered basil leaves, or more to taste
- CGD Original Oil
- 1 tsp, garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put a piece of parchment on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Put flour, butter & sugar in a food processor and pulse just even to combine. Slowly add water while pulsing until dough forms a ball. Remove and wrap in plastic. Put in the refrigerator for an hour and up to 3 days.
- Thinly slice the heirloom tomatoes and place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to about a 12 inch round on a floured service. Transfer to cookie sheet.
- Brush dough with CGD to within 2 inches of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 asiago cheese.
- Arrange heirloom tomato slices in a circular pattern over CGD and remaining cheese. Scatter cherry tomatoes over heirlooms.
- Fold dough over tomatoes, pleating as you go leaving center exposed.
- Brush tomatoes with CGD. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Scatter sliced basil over cheese and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Brush dough edges with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.