Wow your dinner guests with a refreshingly light summer gazpacho recipe. We make this with fresh veggies from our garden, but any beautifully vibrant veggies will do! Maybe yours come from the local farmer's market or co-op. Remember, ingredients matter!
CGD Gazpacho - serves about 4
- 3 slices bread, white or wheat. Crusts on or off, whatever you prefer
- 3 LBS ripe tomatoes, seeds squeezed out and cored. Roughly chop.
- 1 cucumber, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed or chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 TBS white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup CGD Original Seasoned Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos or peppercini's (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Put bread in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Then drain water & squeeze bread of excess water. Put into a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients (except toppings) and mix. Add salt & pepper to taste. In a blender or food processor, blend ingredients (in batches if necessary) until desired consistency.* Pour back into bowl, cover and chill for an hour or two.
- Ladle into serving bowls, drizzle with additional CGD and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!!!
NOTE: I prefer my Gazpacho with a bit of texture, so a little chunky. Blend to whatever consistency you prefer. ALSO - leftover Gazpacho is an excellent topping for grilled chicken or fish. Just briefly heat if desired.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.